Picnic at the Pod
19 April 2017
Creative people, professionals and businesses are being invited to swap their studios for sandwiches, in a unique series of specialist events.
From Thursday 27 April 2017, Pod, Bishop Auckland, will be hosting regular gatherings specifically for ‘creatives’ from across the North East.
The free, informal sessions, run by Auckland Castle Trust, will include inspiring guest speakers, as well as opportunities to create new contacts, share ideas and stimulate discussion.
The aptly named Pod Picnics will be open to anyone with an interest in the creative industries and arts, with all attendees being asked to bring their own blanket, cushions and refreshments to be enjoyed throughout the event.
The speakers at the first Pod Picnic on Thursday 27 April are:
- Award-winning illustrator Gillian Gamble
- Lisa Davis, founder of Changing Relations
- Lindsay Parker, from Stride PR
- Writer, actor and theatre director David Napthine
- Representatives from Durham’s branch of ReFuse
- Anna Harden, Senior Faith Curator at Auckland Castle Trust
The event will run from 6.30pm – 9.30pm. It is free to attend but places must be reserved in advance by emailing email@example.com