Sunday 21 October 2018 - Friday 27 October 2023
Your visit to The Auckland Project will begin at Auckland Tower where you can find all the information you need to explore all our venues and the local area. Auckland Tower will be the place to purchase your entry tickets, get directions, and view our exhibition on the first floor, which is about our previous archaeological excavations and the Prince Bishops of Durham.
Your first point of contact will be our friendly Visitor Experience Team who will be waiting for your arrival. They’ll be on hand to answer your questions or help you decide which of our venues you want to see.
Auckland Tower also boasts its very own 29-metre high tower, with a viewing platform 15-metres up offering unsurpassed views across the Deer Park, the Market Place, and the rural landscape beyond.
Auckland Tower, Market Place, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7NP
You can get to Bishop Auckland by car, bus or train and there is plenty of car parking nearby. Find out more
Open daily from 10am to 4pm
Mining Art Gallery and Auckland Tower will be open until 7pm on Friday, 7 December alongside the Christmas Market.
Christmas opening times
Open as of normal until Saturday, 22 December
Closed Sunday, 23 – Wednesday, 26 December
Open Thursday, 27 – Sunday, 30 December
Closed Monday, 31 December and Tuesday, 1 January
Open as normal from Wednesday 2 January
Admission to Auckland Tower is included in the ticket price to the Mining Art Gallery.
Visitors visiting between Thursday, 27- Sunday, 30 December can receive free entry to Mining Art Gallery and Auckland Tower. As part of Heritage Lottery Fund’s national #ThanksToYou campaign, all you need to do is bring along a valid National Lottery ticket or scratch card.
Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for up to one admission to the Mining Art Gallery only.
- Admission to Auckland Tower is included in the ticket price to the Mining Art Gallery.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The offer is valid on the 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th of December. The Mining Art Gallery is open 10am to 4pm, last admission is a 3:30pm.
- The Auckland Project has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
More information on booking tickets for concessions, carers, groups and schools is available on our ticket pricing page.
We welcome disabled visitors and make sure that reasonable adjustments are made where possible. Please visit our accessibility page for more information or you can contact us on 01388 743 750.
During office hours 9-5 Monday to Friday, please contact us on 01388 743 750.