Auckland Tower Town Update
Auckland Tower Town Update Event
Saturday 21 July 2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
On Saturday, 21 July local residents and businesses are welcome to step inside Auckland Tower, in Bishop Auckland Market Place, for the first time as part of a special Town Update event.
Visitors will be able to speak to staff and volunteers from The Auckland Project to find out more about the inspiration behind Auckland Tower’s unique design, the construction work in progress and how the building will ultimately be used.
Outside Auckland Tower itself the Town Update event will include:
- A chance to get hands on with history to learn more about the powerful Prince Bishops of Durham with our Pop-up museum.
- Past and Future Tours – a 45-minute guided walk around Bishop Auckland’s historic Market Place, setting off at 11am.
- A talk on The Bevin Boys – War’s Forgotten Workforce, inside the nearby Mining Art Gallery, at 11.30am and 2.30pm. (admission applies)
- Tours of the scenic Deer Park setting off from The Clock Tower, Bishop Auckland Market Place at 11am and 2pm.
- A Behind the Scenes Tour of Auckland Castle. Running on a drop-in basis from 10am to 3pm.
This is a drop-in event, so pre-booking is not required.
Entry to the Mining Art Gallery is £5, £4 for concessions and £1 for under 16s.